I go out to mentor some juniors from school and college, so when I tell them that I do this because I love doing this. What generally one tends to assume is that ‘Doing What One Loves’ is merely merrymaking with a silver lining to it and one has to be too cool to do that. But as I have tried, failed, struggled and won at various fights for it, I can very well tell you that, ‘Doing What I Love’ is about fighting for what you are passionate the most about. Constantly grind and struggle, endure pain, get tired, face failure, fall down, get hurt but don’t stop, don’t stop until you reach where you desire to be.
In simple terms what normally one thinks of doing what one loves is to sit in a comfortable couch, sipping hot chocolate and reading harry potter at peace, which to their disappointment is not even 0.0000001% of the real deal.
So let’s break it down in a systematic way, how I pursue what I love:
- A good effort has to be applied in sorting what is that one thing we are very passionate about.
- Prepare a vision that inspires us to achieve all our targets and fulfil our dreams. The fundamental rule of having a vision is that it has to be totally unachievable.
- The vision should always appear to be achievable at all times but still should not be achieved at any cost. That way it keeps one inspired and motivated to keep on going.
- Then next, we have to fixate on one goal which has to be characterised to be specific and focussed, measurable and quantifiable as per various pre-determined parameters, achievable and target/milestone based, relevant and vision centric and most importantly it has to be divided on scale of time.
- The scalability has to be evaluated per milestone per pre-decided unit of time and regular validation has to be practiced.
Though all of this may sound too bookish or technical, it is very important to look at one’s passion systematically and technically so that it no longer remains a mere interest or hobby. Once we take it seriously, we realise that one has to undergo a whole revolution in order to be able to pursue what one loves and make a living out of it.
Mahadevan loves to try everything to satiate his ever – curious mind..!! He is deeply inflicted by CHANDLER BING. He questions everything and loves to talk. He is completely straight forward and is a traveller, author, poet, researcher, entrepreneur, event manager, teacher, learner, story teller, entertainer, chef & food lover, blogger and a few more things and is looking for his calling. A masters in engineering student by day, a lazy lame dreamer by night and crazy during the weekend, he lives by the thought of making the most of every single second of life.